The EPIC Yorkshire Coast Workshop
Gain a complete understanding of your camera, the principles of seascape photography and how to capture dramatic coastal images.
We pack an incredible amount into the Yorkshire Coast Workshop – starting from Saltwick Bay or RobinHoods Bay (if the tide is high) and ending at Saltburn on Sea – we traverse about 30-40 miles of this beautiful historical coastline.
We concentrate on the sea, waves, fishing villages and the pier at Saltburn to end.
What You’ll Learn on The Yorkshire Coast Workshop
Our The Yorkshire Coast Workshop runs this August – starting at 10 in Robin Hood’s Bay or Saltwick Bay, we will show you:-
- Lots of fantastic locations on Yorkshire Coast, a fantastic resource for future trips
- How to use ND filters for misty water effects
- Exposure and composition – how the landscape masters use the landscape and light
- 1-2-1 tips for everyone – whatever your ability level
- how to capture groynes at Sandsend – if the sea is coming in!
- black nab and a sea wreck at Saltwick Bay
- Cobbles at Whitby
- Sunset at the fantastic vista point over Staithes
- Night photography at Saltburn Pier
- if you’re an absolute beginner, then you can learn about composition and seeing photographs
- if you have some experience, you can learn about metering and exposure, or finding points of interest to use in your composition.
- if you’re advanced, how about trying something new like ultra long exposures – or just turn the phone off and have a great day out doing “just photography”
Food and logistics
- We will stop in Whitby to take a few photos and get some fish and chips. They are legendary and a visit to the coast would not be complete without them. These are not included in the workshop – so if you prefer to bring your own food, please do.
- Most of the stops will have public toilet facilities.
- Car parks usually charge a few pounds and need cash – so it’s worth bringing a pocket of change
- We start near Whitby and end near Staithes or Saltburn, so will not be returning to Whitby – it’s not a circular workshop so you’ll need transport.
- This workshop takes in 4-6 locations, to show you some of the finest subjects in the county – ones you’ll want to return to over and over again. We do!