People are probably the most popular subject in photography, so in this beginners session, we aim to show people the basics of how to better capture portraits.
Using a city-centre office location, we will show you how to use your camera, lenses and flash to capture both headshots, half body and full body images.
What we’ll learn…
- Camera Settings for portraits – using Aperture Priority or Manual exposure, white balance and exposure compensation.
- Speedlite Flash – how to improve flash by “bouncing” the light off walls and ceilings
- Lens choice – which lens works best in which settings
- Composition – how much to you include in the shot, check your backgrounds
With these 4 key skills, we can practice portraiture with expert guidance and fantastic models.
Skills needed before attending this course
This is not a beginners photography course, we would expect you to know the basics of how to use your camera:-
- how to focus on something and move your focus point if needed
- how to change the white balance
- how to switch to APERTURE PRIORITY and change aperture
- how your flash works – the flash can be on AUTO
If you’re not able to do this, we’d recommend booking a 1-2-1 session with us to get you going.